Saturday, August 22, 2009

Figured That One Out: Yo TAMPOCO.

So yeah, tan poco means exactly what it´s supposed to, "so little." The word for me neither is TAMPOCO. Pffew. A mystery solved.

So here´s the update of the week! It's been a crazy time these last few days and I can´t remember if my last update was this Thursday or the last one, so I apologize for that. Here we go...

I´m starting to forget English words... I can definitely still converse with people in English but when I´m helping to compañeros to translate words over about an 11th grade vocabulary level I find that I just can´t remember them. I have to say this is a little infuriating at times; I´ve been helping my friends with the English Debate to write their arguments and my vocabulary constantly evades me.

Something I find amusing is the amount of English music my friends know. A few can sing, perfectly, whole songs that I don´t even know the words to. And they understand them! I´m constantly being asked to explain phrases in songs... High and dry was one... Once upon a time was tough...

I started talking about this last week a little, but the due to the deterioration of my English it looked a little stupid. Forget paragraphs! Here´s what´s happened recently:
Last weekend: My welcome fiesta. Awesome! Small party but still lots of dancing and good food. Mis compañeros pitched in to buy me a gift: A fancy sketchbook with a nice set of pencils (though they neglected to inclode an eraser... "Gomas" are really hard for me to find here...)
Wednesday: Alex´s 18th birthday party... Smaller than the other fiestas but still fun. So tired Thursday!
Last night: Even smaller fiesta (described as a "fiesta que no es una fiesta"), best of all of them because I went with... dun dun dun... Mi pololo, Pedro. (Note that pololo is boyfriend, w00t w00t)
Today: Sat around alone at home, bored, because my parents had work (due to a teacher strike a few months back some schools are now open on some Saturdays)...

Well that´s all for now!
Ciao!
Emily

0 comments: